Deal: Thoreau’s Cabin, 53% OffUpstater | April 24, 2013
What, you say? Thoreau didn’t take up residence near Taberg, NY? Well, don’t tell that to the owners of the Wellnesste Lodge, who have a Groupon going for their cute little cabins, one of which they’ve named Thoreau. It’s a little west of our general territory, but still looks like a great place to vacation.
Here’s the skinny:
- Nestled in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, the 60-acre estate borders more than half a mile of private riverfront, near hardwood forests, wetlands, and fields of wildflowers.
- Conservationist Christophe Marin founded the lodge as a place of tranquility and restoration. You’ll find quiet spots to mediate throughout the resort.
- The red clapboard cabins have charming, rustic touches. An original Craftsman-style fireplace crackles in the Thoreau cabin, and Leopold’s cabin features natural, rough-cut pine harvested from the property.
- During the summer, tubers, kayakers, and fishermen flock to the whitewater rapids of Fish Creek, which runs right past the lodge.
- A s’mores kit of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows (included with this Groupon) can be enjoyed at the resort’s beachside fire pits.
- Nearby attractions include the Erie Canal Village, The Underground Railroad Heritage Trail, and Fort Stanwix National Monument.
Get your Groupon here.
Read On, Reader...
Jane Anderson | March 23, 2023 | Comment
This Sloatsburg Ranch Sits on the Edge of State Parkland: $665K
Jane Anderson | March 22, 2023 | Comment
An Elizaville Schoolhouse with One Bed, One Bath, for $295K