The Hazards of Generators and Gas Shortages

  |  November 8, 2012

Sad news came out yesterday that a Shokan couple died in their house from carbon monoxide poisoning — they’d been using a generator after Superstorm Sandy knocked out their power. “Police found 75-year-old James Stapleford in the basement-level garage where a gasoline-powered generator was attached to the electrical panel. His 73-year-old wife Eva’s body was at the bottom of stairs to the basement,” the WSJ reports.

Meanwhile, the Mid-Hudson News reports that there are no long lines at gas stations in those parts.  But that didn’t stop two Ulster County men from attempting to sell 200 of gas out of the back of a pickup truck for $8 a gallon to desperate New Jersians, reports the Watershed Post.

Read On, Reader...