Are You a Viticulture Specialist? Cornell Cooperative Extension Needs Your Expertise

  |  May 24, 2017

Award yourself extra points if even know what a “viticulture specialist” is. And, if you happen to be one, Cornell Cooperative Extension could use your wine grape-growing know-how to help out with the Hudson Valley’s ever-growing population of wine grape growers.

According to a recent article in Kingston’s Daily Freeman, CCE needs a full-time viticulture specialist because the two part-timers currently on staff can’t handle the amount of would-be vintners that have been asking CCE for help with grape-growing. Hudson Valley Wine & Grape Association president and Whitecliff Vineyard and Winery owner Michael Migliore explained to the Freeman that a viticulture specialist at CCE could help incipient wine growers choose the best site for their vineyard, as well as advise them on soil types, land slope, and temperature.

Interested in the job? Find the posting and link to application here.

(By the way, if you need guidance on getting your Hudson Valley vineyard started, we hear CCE can help, but you might have to get in line until they hire a full-time specialist.)

Read On, Reader...